Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's like a Circus Sometimes....

Who knew the whales would turn out to be such a good idea - it seems my attachment to the tiny coral collections is acctually a blessing in disguise. The finished products fit it much better with the rest of the items in the store, it's much more cohesive now. Over the weekend I picked up the last few things I need to take pictures of the items and tonight I'm headed to Staples to get tags and a hole punch. It all seems to be coming together so quickly...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm working on the red coral branches that need to be finished by the end of this month. The order is for one 10", two 7", and three 4" branches. I have two out of the three 4" ones completed and am almost finished with the last one. It's more difficult than I thought it would be to create variety and uniqueness between the lot of them and they're an unruly bunch in the base case with something always seeming to go wrong - I keep losing hooks, pictures are disappearing, and the cat keeps trying to wander off with them no matter how many bags I put them in or where I try to hide them. This hasn't been an easy comission from the get go but I'm not one to give up. On the upside, at least they don't talk back.

Real life doesn't seem to be going quite as swimmingly either. I went to see Taken over the weekend and was thoroughly disappointed - I wish someone would have taken him and spared us all an hour and a half. That, coupled with the fact that it never seems to get warm around here, the people I'm dealing with and their problems, and the abhorrent grilled cheese sandwich I had today for lunch, left me starved for satisfaction. I need a vacation from bullshit, from people that think I need coddling even though I seem to be the only one that has it together, from disappointing food, from re-runs of shows that are supposed to be new, and from my cat and her incessant need to play with her god damned stuffed spider.....
sometimes a person just needs to be left alone for a couple of days or buy excessive amounts of Nutter Butters.

No comments:

Post a Comment