Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Running an Etsy shop requires vigilance, a constant stream of new ideas, a comprehensive Excel spreadsheet, and a 28 hour day... I'm still working on the last one.

This last week has been a hot trannie mess and I have to admit, I've loved every minute of it. Developing new patterns, restocking the shop when things sell - it's all fantastically stressful. There's nothing better than being able to sit in my room doing what I love all day while listening to Billy Joel records and eating ice cream.

And now it's Saturday, and things haven't slowed up. I got an order last night with two crochet-to-order items, I have a few things to make so I can re list them, there's a custom order I need to finish, and I developed a new pattern last night for a Desk Monster that's cute and creepy all at once and has so many possibilities for variety. Oh yeah, I'm back in the saddle, people. Watch out.

At least I have things to fill the time between now and September when I start Mason Gross. The future is bright, for once. I'm almost waiting for the other shoe to drop - almost. I'm planning a trip down the shore for next weekend to bring the coral branches to their intended home. (Why, yes, they are finished. I said it was a busy week.) I'll also be doing some tye-dying next Saturday...

As for tonight, I'm looking forward to another night in spent watching Stargate and crocheting. And you know, it never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment