Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vacation? I think so.

So the Philly flower show was this past weekend; I drove down there Friday with my Mother and Grandmother, in an attempt to do some intergenerational bonding, and stayed over until Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't say the exhibits were fantastic this year, but the vendors were, and it was exactly what I needed to get away from all of the crap for a few days. I think it put everything back in perspective a bit, and if it didn't, being kidnapped by one of my closest friends Saturday night certainly did. It's nice to be reminded that people care about you and friendships aren't just one-sided.. which seemed to have been the theme last week.

On the up-side, I got quite a bit done yesterday, now that I can acctually focus on what's important, including taking pictures of everything I've made for Etsy (excluding the plush toys) and finishing the 4" coral branches. I started the 7" yesterday as well, had a minor meltdown, but pressed on, determined not to over-think it again. I'm so gun-shy about the boutique owner not liking them, it's fucking with my entire creative process, which is causing me to eat copious amounts of Nutter Butters. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to have to do yoga everyday if I want to continue to fit in my size 4 jeans without a muffin top.

No comments:

Post a Comment