Thursday, July 29, 2010

Out of whack.

Yesterday was intense. I had intended to be home early last night, to post pictures of more Bazaar finds, and to get to bed at a semi-reasonable hour. I had intended it to be a quiet night in. All I had planned yesterday was a coffee date at Barnes & Noble with my friend Paul at 2:30. I got there around 2:20 and instantly thought something seemed off; Paul is always early, but yesterday he was no where to be found. His phone was broken so there was no way to contact him and by 3:30, I was freaking out. I figured he was dead by the side of the road somewhere, eaten by mountain lions, or just waking up covered in plastic in a bathtub and missing his liver.

Fortunately, he simply got caught in a meeting.

Luckily, to distract myself, I picked up this fantastic book and now I can't seem to put it down!It's a fantastic anthology filled with short stories written by famous, geeky authors for geeky readers like me. The opening story by Holly Black and Cecil Castellucci about the burgeoning romance between a Klingon and a Jedi padawan at a Con that culminates in a full-blown Star Trek vs. Star Wars fight had me laughing hysterically in Barnes & Noble despite my fears that my friend was currently being eviscerated somewhere by mutant cannibals. I couldn't resist buying it...

...or searching for adorable geeky things on Etsy! I usually try to avoid the "geekery" tab on Etsy because I want to buy almost everything I see, but I was inspired. Just look at all this awesome stuff!

Star Trek:

Mini Mr. Spock by lecorbeaurouge





Spock Inspired 1" buttons by hownice





Live long & Prosper necklace by PangaeaDesigns




Doctor Who:

Adipose Scrabble Pendant by DAMEcreations





Keep Calm and Don't Blink - 8x10 Print by DAMEcreations





The Ood 2.25" Pocket Mirror by (guess who) DAMEcreations (basically I just want to purchase every damn thing in the shop. YOU SHOULD SEE THE BUTTONS!)


::sigh:: It's just too much cuteness!
I'll get back to posting real stuff tomorrow. As for today, I'm just going to keep browsing the Geekery section and drooling.

Oh.. and because I love all of you, here is a gratuitous picture of Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine. What a yumfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment