Monday, July 19, 2010

A bitter pill.

Yesterday, I made a promise that I would be okay. A stupid, stupid promise that is going to end up being the hardest thing I'll ever have to do. I'm not good at being selfless, at "being the bigger person," and I'm certainly not good at letting things slip away without a fight. But I have to stop fighting because I promised I would stop fighting, and I have to be happy because, unfortunately, I promised that too. My problems are my own to cope with now even though I haven't slept in days and there's no way I should be coping with anything solo.

Oh well. My word is my word and I suppose situations like these are why large doeses of blueberry pie and iced coffee were invented... and crocheting, of course.

This guy is my next project:I started him this morning in Red Heart Super Saver Gold yarn. When he's finished (whenever the hell that will be), he's going to be quite large. It's been a long time since I've worked on a large crocheted plushie and I think it will be a welcome distraction from the current mess that is my life.


As a side note, I spent my Saturday night at my Aunt Trudy's 60th birthday party and while I was there, I met this wonderful tea cup - adorable, great personality, looking for something long-term. All I had to do for us to be together was to liberate him from his last relationship with the Italian restaurant we happened to be at, and you know, with a purse as large as mine, it wasn't difficult.

Isn't he just perfect? I think this is the beginning of something really beautiful.

And now off I go to eat some more pie, watch some more Boston Legal, and do some more extravagant online shopping. Oh and I'm going to be happy. Really really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment