Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gorgeous.

Even though I have a million yarn-y things to do today, I stumbled upon Elizabeth Scott's Etsy page and simply had to share. Ms. Scott specializes in breathtakingly beautiful botanical jewelry ranging from necklaces to rings to earrings. Everything is made from the highest quality, tarnish resistant sterling silver unless otherwise stated which gives all of her pieces an unmistakable gleam. It seems she has a knack of capturing the spirit of whatever object she is trying to create. Perhaps is is because she uses the object itself as a starting point.

"My botanical pieces are created from the plant itself, either from a mold or an impression of the leaf, or a casting of the whole organic object. I make one original piece, then multiple castings are made by a professional caster in 100% recycled silver or gold."
(from her profile)

Ms. Scott seems to live in the perfect location to be inspired by the things around her. It is no wonder I just want to snatch up all of her pieces. Just read what she has to say about inspiration in her 2008 Esty Featured Seller Interview

"Living in a rural area makes it very easy to pick up a leaf or flower and think, “I have to make something out of this.” It’s always an object I have a personal connection to and one that I hope others will find meaning in. I make design choices that won’t get in the way of everyday wear because I think that the way something looks and how it feels are both equally important. I like the clean look of a single material, sterling silver, and I like to create simple pieces that focus on one design element."

It's obvious she's in love with what she does, and, frankly, aren't those the sellers you want to purchase from? Her passion comes through in every single item, and her pictures and descriptions are as vibrant as her pieces. In my opinion, if you're looking for a gift for someone you love, a best friend, or a favorite relative, her shop is the place to start.


Here are a few of my personal favorites:

Large Poppy Ring



Tiny Apple Blossom Ring Set



Delicate Twig Stacking Ring Set



The shipping on all of these pieces is incredibly, incredibly reasonable and she'll even gift wrap them for you free of charge. Oh! And because this lovely woman thinks of everything, for $1 she'll sell you a ring sizer so you never have to play the "what's my ring size?" game again.

So head on over to her shop and browse. I promise you'll find something to fall in love with. I certainly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment