Saturday, February 14, 2009

Singles Awareness Day? Are you people kidding me?

Whoever came up with the idea of "Singles Awareness Day" should be taken out behind the barn and shot. I mean, c'mon people, yes, its Valentines Day and you're all single and miserable but grow a pair and find a way to deal with it without hiding behind some witty catchphrase! I mean, I'm single (which is shocking I know, but if I've proved anything in the last few months it's that you can't meet someone that looks like Adrian Paul sitting on your couch) but I'm not sitting around today feeling sorry for myself! I'm watching one of my favorite shows and eating chocolate covered strawberries, one of my favorite things, and I refuse to have my day ruined simply because I don't have a date. It's a waste of a perfectly good Saturday.


And now I'll get off my soapbox and back to the point.




I finished that damn coral branch. And to answer your next question, no, it doesn't look like a heart valve - it's perfect, blissfully perfect.


My fingers are all swollen, I have a piercing headache behind my left eye from staring at the tiny stitches for so long (even with my glasses), and my back feels like I'm developing a hump but it's all completely worth it. I'm such a proud mama. The man I'm making them for loves this first one and hopefully it will be the start of something great

No comments:

Post a Comment