Thursday, February 19, 2009

Progress..

So there seems to be a technical snag with the coral branches and their birth is progressing slowly - I know in my gut it will all work out, it may just take some time. My Grandmother's scarf, on the other hand, didn't take any time at all and is finished.. with an adorable flower applique as the icing on the cake. I'm totally in love with it and want to call her and tell her however I would also have to tell her I got into Mason Gross which, with her tendency to ask the most inane questions, is a conversation that will last for much longer than I can afford it to and will probably end in me wanting to kill her but simply keeping the scarf for myself instead.

Needless to say, I'm putting the call off for as long as possible.

As for the Etsy shop - well, I feel like a total rockstar. I've gotten much more done in the last few days than I thought I would and I really think this thing is progressing nicely. I have a few more things I want to do, some last finishing touches, but like I said, I think it should be up in the next week or two. I even had a new brainstorm yesterday and am putting my new obsession with everything coral reefs to good use. While I think it's totally tackalicious to sell the red coral branches on my Etsy shop, there's nothing at all stopping me from selling what I'm going to call "miniature coral collections." I finished the first one last night and it's beautiful. I'll have to post some pictures in between cooing over it. I swear, these things are going to have some serious superiority complexes by the time they get to their new homes - which is fine by me, people need things with attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment