Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Of cupcakes and plant stands and cherry lime soda..

My fingers are killing me.

The downside of being catus-obsessed, I suppose. I set up a new, incredibly pink plant stand tonight which involved moving some wayward cactuses from where they had taken a prolonged pit-stop on the dining room table (ruining a tablecover in the process, I might add. Some plants you just can't take anywhere) into my bedroom.

They seem happy with their brightly colored pots and miniature umbrellas.. not as happy as I am though. That plant stand was successfully garbage picked, and now after having been painted a candy-coated shade of bubblegum pink looks as good as new and worth far more than the $40 miniature one I priced at Urban Outfitters last week. Yooo-hoo! Hipsters! I think you may be getting ripped off... but maybe it's just me. Perhaps paying an inflated price for miniature decor is part of the allure of hipsterdom.

In case you haven't noticed, the blog has gotten a bit of a face lift. New color scheme, same basic premise. The shop has been re-stocked, I have new business cards on the way, and now I'm sitting back, enjoying a rainbow striped cupcake and a cherry limeaide... and picking the minute spines out of my finger tips. Oh summertime. Does it get any better than this?

Oh wait.. It can! Danielle from Danielleorama is giving away an adorable owl brooch that just makes me melt. All you have to do is pop over to her site and post a comment listing your favorite things about summer (the only hard part about that is narrowing down all the choices) and your email address. Then you're immediately entered to win! The contest goes through June 24th so you better head over there fast. Trust me, you don't want to miss it.




I'm tempted to throw in a gratuitous boyfriend picture right about now, but he may just kill me..... perhaps in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment