Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm Actually Going on Vaca This Time!

Isn't it exciting?! Every year, for about 5 years now, my Father and I have driven down to Florida and spent a few days in Disney World. I always look forward to it, and it's always fun.. well, as much fun as anything can be when you stick two people who are too much alike in a car for 8 to 10 hours a day. The one saving grace of the whole trip is that the two of us have the same attitude about Disney World - there's no rush - which means when we get there (if we manage to get there without maiming each other) we take our time, go on the same rides a billion times because, really, it's impossible to go on Haunted Mansion too many times, and eat our way through each park. I'm about 5 pounds heavier by the time we get back, but, remarkably, not a bit tanner. ::shrug::

I'm leaving tomorrow and won't return until the 23rd of August. I will have a computer with me, but only for weather checking purposes and making sure I keep in touch with my Craftster Swap Partner - don't want her to think I disappeared on her, especially now that I actually have viable ideas! [I'll give you a hint: It has to do with this tutorial, a cryptozoological creature, and granny squares. I know, I know, it doesn't mean anything to you, but to me, it's a million dollar idea - Trust Me. ;) ] The only thing I regret about this trip is that I'm going to miss my daily Golden Girls fix. I suppose I'll have to start getting used to it, college stops for no Bea Arthur fan! Unfortunately..

2 comments:

  1. Woot! Have a wonderful time at Disney World. I envy you, I have only been there 2 times. I <3 the Haunted Mansion ride!!!! (^-^) I'm like you and your dad, no hurry...just enjoy and stare at the kids who scream and cry like they are from another planet because I always wonder HOW CAN YOU BE CRYING? YOU ARE @ DISNEY WORLD!

    Looking forward to hearing about your cryptozoological creature when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having fun in Disney World and that you and dad arrivied in one piece! My 12year old I and I rode the Haunted Masion ride a bazillion times at Disneyland when she was 6, I swear she was obsessed with that ride!
    Can't wait to hear about your cryptozoological creature! Sounds great!
    ~Michele from By Your Side

    ReplyDelete