Friday, May 1, 2009

Finished... sort of.

SO! The Mortal Plush submission went in yesterday and today I posted my Eggcellent Upcycling challenge entry... Here she is, Lucy, my sugar skull made from a plastic Easter egg..

Logically, I knew I didn't have a chance in hell of winning but there's always that little subversive voice in the back of your head going "You know, maybe you have a shot..."

That little voice shut up rather quickly once I saw that someone had made a 3 foot tall Dalek using the Easter eggs as the bumps. ::sigh:: Oh well, at least she's still fabulous. Can you believe she used to be an egg?!? Hell, I still can't.

And now we play the waiting game.. waiting to see if anyone is going to vote for Lucy and if I'm going to get into the Mortal Plush exhibit. The waiting is the worst part because there's absolutely nothing I can do but sit here and blog about it. And embroider.. at least that's taking my mind off of things. It's all too raunchy and scandelous for words. I should be posting the first of them tomorrow... I think I'm calling it "Excitable Embroidery." I'm also thinking of doing a give-away next week.. We'll see how neurotic I get over the aforementioned waiting and how much of a distraction I need. Again - ::sigh::

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I think it's Michael Miller that has some fabric with skulls like that on it that I have been dying to make a purse out of!

    ReplyDelete