The head is going to be built back (you can see it starting to form on the top of the photo) and I was seriously on a roll when I realized the safety eyes I had lying around that I figured would be big and menacing enough... weren't. Ugh. I know. Trust me, I know.
So, in a fit of panic/rage I ordered these which are absolutely perfect from EnamiEyes. (I'm totally plugging her shop because her selection is fabulous! Go check it out, you know, if you happen to be making any oversized sea beasties that need eyeballs in the near future...)
In a way I'm happy the ones I had didn't fit because the new eyes are too uber-fab for words, but I really want to finish the damn thing.. I feel bad having left it practically eviscerated for so long.
For now, I suppose, I'll just have to keep bouncing along onto another project.. I'm definitely going to do a free pattern in July in honor of Bastille Day and I have a pretty good idea of what it's going to be.. I'll leave you with that.. ;)