Friday, November 19, 2010

Honesty.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking.. "Honesty really isn't your thing, hunny. You should probably stick to what you know, like lying and cheating and sarcastic comments. Oh, and while you're at it, go buy some more rediculous hats and break some more hearts because you're good at those things too."

Shockingly enough, though, I'm much better at honestly than I think anyone would give me credit for. Seriously - it's almost at much fun as lying. I spent last night going through my contacts and texting all of the people I loved and missed and all of the ones I've been wanting to punch in the face but haven't for fear of getting too carried away and/or getting arrested. My shining achievement though, if I do say so myself, was my midnight note which was chock full of both honesty and my token rambling. Today, I feel pretty damn amazing. Honesty really might be the best policy... although strawberry cake with oodles of frosting certainly helps.

I really don't know where to go from here, hell, I don't even know why I typed that, because frankly, I'm not sure I have to "go" anywhere. Imma just sit right here and reap the benefits of being honest. Yup. That sounds like a plan. Oooo.. and I'm also going to work on some Christmas presents. And eat more cake. And continue to wear this hat despite the fact that I'm inside.
This is going to be a good weekend... and life is definitely looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment